sábado, 10 de noviembre de 2012

Kindle freebies - the search for entertainment

Nope, not trying to be patronising, in fact the opposite. I am trying to share my experience on the wealth of good stories, authors and entertainment available within the FREE book section of Kindle's Fiction.

After reading good reviews and purchasing stories, only to be disappointed, I decided to change my tack. Therefore what I did was to choose stories from the Free Books section on Kindle. Following reviews helped, but I was looking for new authors (for me) from whom I would be willing to purchase further works.

The beauty with this approach, is that regularly you get a mix of books produced by recognised authors (free for a limited period) interspersed with new self-published material. It's a no-lose scenario for your pocket and you are rewarded with some great stories. Now, I do admit that there are a similar number of less polished works which flick across your reader, but I found myself more willing to perservere and with less frustration due to the simple fact that I have not paid for this material.

My internal review of work, which will spill forth onto page soon, was much more objective without the pressure of purchase.

Why not try the process? After all it costs nothing but your time...

Here are some of the latest stories I have found and enjoyed:

Wyvern by A.A. Attanasio (Historical Fiction)
Bad Company by John Childress (Action and Adventure)
Dawn Of The Tiger by Gus Frazer (Action and Adventure)
Magnificent Guns of Seneca 6 by Bernard Schaffer (SF/Western)
Bakkian Chronicles, Book 1 - The Prophecy by Jeffrey Poole (Fantasy)
Q - A Thriller by K D George (Action and Adventure)
The Wrecking Crew (Janac's Games) by Mark Chisnell (Crime, Thriller and Mystery)
Hell's Gate by Michael Parker (Historical Fiction)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario