domingo, 26 de junio de 2011

Review of Dead Mech by Jake BIble



This is another story I listened to as an Audiobook. The write-up drew me in with the story line of Mechs, Zombies and Zombies in Mechs. I wasn't sure what a Drabble novel was, and the idea of the book written in 100 word slices kind of raised some questions - as an audiobook it works.

It's set in a post-apocolyptic world, with Mechs created to combat zombies. Then the Mech Pilots become zombies and all hell breaks loose. I liked the way we followed a unit whose task was to use their brains, technology and firepower to rid the world of deaders. Then we had the manic Dead Mechs stuffing food (bodies) directly into their cockpits all the while indiscriminately killing. An out-of-kilter government, nasty human survivors where the strongest took what they wanted and, did I mention zombies?

If you like zombie novels, violence, descriptive gore and an anarchic fun ride, then you'll love this. As an Audiobook, as I said it works, the only detraction being the, in my opinion, overly long introduction and ads at the back - I just wanted the action. However, once it started, then no complaints from me.

I'll be interested to see how this trilogy pans out, as I'm not sure how you maintain this type of ride through three books. Fun to find out though. FOUR out of FIVE from me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario